Hola a todos! Espero que hayan tenido hermosas Navidades! The only way to describe this weekend is beautiful and so so sacred!
We were able to go caroling with our district all week! I love singing hymns in Spanish. It brings such a wonderful spirit. Provo continues to surprise me with just how many Latinos live here! I didn't slip on any ice this year so that's a win.
Our friend Alexander decided to be baptized two weeks ago which was a huge miracle. He had to work hard to overcome some difficult things but he did it! His baptism on Friday was beautiful!! He doesn't have any family here but this sweet GIANT family has taken him in and just loves him. They were all there to support him. He teared up quite a bit and it was just the sweetest thing! A recent convert from the family was able to baptize him which was so special. He has such a strong testimony! I'm so proud of him!
Another friend who we were teaching but moved to Spanish Fork also got baptized! Her name is Beatriz and she's just the sweetest lady from Perú. She's probably in her late 70s. The Elders did such a good job teaching her and helping her prepare. Elder Wall, who was in my MTC district, was the one who baptized her. I wish you all could have seen how big she smiled when she came out of the water. Hna Bochnia and I were able to sing with some other sisters(3 of which were old comps of mine!) while they were changing. Beatriz's daughter's family were baptized over the summer and soon after two of the children passed away in an accident. They now have the strongest testimony of the Plan of Salvation and will be sealed as soon as they can! A sister from my mission sang "Families Can Be Together Forever" and there wasn't one dry eye! I love that family so much and testify that they will be able to see their children again through priesthood covenants and ordinances.
On Christmas Eve our zone got together and had a special MDC. We have been working on memorizing The Living Christ as a mission which has been challenging but so rewarding. We were able to recite it as a zone!! It was like herding cats trying to get it organized but so worth it! We then had a testimony meeting. I love those elderes y hermanas!
I feel super lucky to have had my last Christmas in the mission be on a Sunday. What a sacred day it was! Something I did to spend time with my Savior was reading every name of his from the Bible Dictionary. I learned so much about Him and just felt his presence so strongly. I love Him and I know He lives! He lived a perfect life, suffered and died, and rose again. ALL FOR US! He loves and knows us!
I'll be finishing my mission this Friday. It's very bittersweet and doesn't feel real. I have the deepest sense of gratitude for this opportunity that God gave me. Nothing could have brought me closer to Him than serving His children and sharing His gospel for a year and a half. Although it wasn't perfect, it was exactly what I needed to gain the testimony I have today. The Book of Mormon is true, Joseph Smith was a good man who restored priesthood authority, Russell M Nelson is God's prophet, Christ lives!
I'm excited to see you all! Thank you for your love and support! I'll be speaking in church on Sunday and reporting of my mission. It starts at 12pm! If any of my California friends want to come, text my mom.
I love you all!








No comments:
Post a Comment