Hello!! I hope everyone is doing well! I had an awesome week! I'm in Spanish Fork now! It's an awesome area! But very different from my last. We're not teaching a lot of people, but almost all of them are on date for baptism! How cool is that!?? It's getting quite chilly out here in Utah(especially in my skirts and dresses) but the mountains have snow on them which is so pretty and fun! My new area is huge, we cover 8 stakes. Lucky I'm a Spanish missionary, we're only responsible for one Spanish family ward and one Spanish YSA! It's kinda weird going to church with kids my age...haha. But fun! Here's some fun/AMAZING stuff from my week:
- Said goodbye to Heber and Midway(and the cold) with Judy's donuts and some Dairy Keen. YUM! Bring on the mission lbs!
- We put not one but TWO people on date for baptism in their first lesson!! GO JOSE AND ALEJANDRO! They have been so prepared by the Lord it's incredible!
- Our district is the biggest in the mission. 13 missionaries. 10 ELDERS...and me and my comps. Today for pday we had nerf wars which was equal parts fun and intense. lol.
- I gave my first talk in Spanish!! The Lord definitely helped me a ton cause I know I did not do that on my own!
I wrote my talk on Faith, Hope, and Charity! Here's a scripture that I put into it that I love!
16 But Aaron said unto him: If thou desirest this thing, if thou wilt bow down before God, yea, if thou wilt repent of all thy sins, and will bow down before God, and call on his name in faith, believing that ye shall receive, then shalt thou receive the hope which thou desirest.
-Alma 22:16
I know that as we repent and change with Christ's help, our hope in Him and ourselves increases!
Love you all!! Miss you so much!! Feel free to email me!! I'd love to hear from any of you!
Love, Hermana Lake
 |
Judy's Donuts!! |
 |
Mountains |
 |
Saying Goodbye to Hermana Crowther. Bittersweet! |
 |
Utah goes all out with their Halloween Decorations...I love it! |
 |
More Beautiful Mountains |
No comments:
Post a Comment